Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Behind The Scenes: Feast Or Famine

You may have noticed that some of us on the web who usually droll on and on about AT are kind of quiet as of late. For me some of this pause between posts comes from several factors. The first being that I have some ideas about what many companies are planning for ATIA and I don't want to accidentally break my embargos by sputtering out something too soon. Along with that the beta cycles for some are also in full swing as we draw ever closer to CSUN as well. And then the other factor is burn out because there just seems to be new releases in waves. Recently every time I close my eyes I have a message that a version number of something has changed or been updated. Motivating myself to expound upon the worries of the AT world just can't seem to be nearly as desirable as eight or more hours of sleep. There.. I said what some of my co-workers already suspected of me. And now it is in print forever. So my sincere apologies for the sporadic number of musings. I'm sure that will change in the next month or two.

I also want to thank those of you who have emailed me about some very interesting articles out there on some very well known non AT sites. I appreciate the links and I thank you for taking the time to read this blog. I also ran into someone who knew of my blog via a recommendation from a friend. It was exciting to talk to someone who is reading  from the industry outsider perspective. I can sometimes lose my focus when I stay in my little jaded world and to hear a viewpoint from a person who is new to Blindness or the tech surrounding it pulls me refreshingly back to reality.

We should have a few more, and very cool, product announcements still to come this week. And who knows I may actually finish one of the four articles I am working on too. Either way I should have more content up during this week. Also I will be changing out the poll. These "Questions of the Month" have been fun to watch. If you have a poll suggestion feel free to email me or place it in the comments section.

No comments: