Thursday, May 14, 2009

Random Goodness: Kindle Text To Speech, Facebook And WinMo 6.5

Kindle: I know a lot of people are on the bandwagon to make this device accessible. It is a messy situation from what I have read. Publishers don’t want to fall the way of the Recording Industry and Apple’s iTuens. And Amazon has Audible.com which means they have a good percentage of book sales in print and audio formats. And then the Publishers are just plain nuts and they want to keep the old business model. The article link below talks about how Amazon can remote kill things on the Kindle and the iPhone application, including the Text To Speech version of a book.

http://www.keionline.org/blogs/2009/05/13/kindle-2-vs-reading-disabled-students/

Quizzes And Terms Of Service: Those who follow me on Twitter and Facebook know that I Tweet more than Book. Some of this is strictly do to the way that Facebook works and, more to the point, some of it comes down to how they use personal information. This link talks about the terms of service that falls into play when you take those quizzes or use some Facebook Apps.

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/14/1243206

Windows Mobile 6.5: I abhor, dislike and detest my HTC 5800. But I’m skittish on getting a new phone because Windows Mobile 6.5 and 7 are forever looming around the corner. Plus I got this phone for free on my contract. But I’ve been watching the news on WinMo 6.5 just in case I get over my fears. Here is a bit of what is in store for 6.5.

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/05/windows-mobile-65-widget-details-no-silverlight.ars

No comments: