Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Gaggle Of Press Releases..

Here is that inbox cleaning I talked about before. Remember that I use a “***” to break up each one incase you want to skip a release.

***
Dear Discovery Toys Fan,

In this issue you will find:
You’re invited to an open house,
Discovery Toys business opportunity: Is it right for you?
Gift baskets,
How you can get toys for free,
Summer sale ends July 16.

A special thank you to those who visited my table at the National Federation of the Blind Convention.

You’re invited to an open house where you can personally play with almost everything in our line. Choose between two times. Reserve a time that works for you. Sunday, July 27, from 2-5 pm or Monday, July 28, from 10 am-1 pm. Children are welcome to come and play, too.

Discovery Toys has a business opportunity: Is it right for you? If you love our product, want to earn a part or full time income, or just need something to do, give Discovery Toys a try. For $99 (3 payment options available) you get:
14 of our top products,
Your personalized website free for 3 plus months,
Enough business supplies to have a great start,
Unlimited training and support,
Rebate on your initial investment,
And tons of fun!
Ask me any questions by replying to this message.

Gift baskets:
Discovery Toys can build gift baskets for any age and any occasion. Most popular are our baby gift baskets. The perfect shower gift can be given from one person or the whole office. Baskets start at $15.

Would you like some free Discovery Toys? It’s simple! Get a few friends together for a short 20 minute presentation filled with fun and you get Toys for free! Contact me to reserve a date. I have a few dates left this summer and my fall is filling up.

The "Summer Sunsations" sale ends July 16 so give me a call or visit my web page at www.playtoachieve.com to place your order!

Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins. --Jim Rohn
Brandy Wojcik
Group Manager and Educational Consultant
(512)231-8697

***
RJ Cooper, the guy that makes software and hardware for persons with special needs, here again.

1) In doing my popular free RoadTrips, a common issue arises when I ask my favorite question about a Learner: "What is it that you want him/her to do that he/she is not doing now?" (or if the User can answer directly, of course). The caregiver or practitioner sometimes replies "Surf the Internet."

Now I've got to give my standard 'song and dance' reply to that request. And that is that the Internet is *not* that 'friendly' for people that are non/emerging readers, or those with cognitive abilities less than about 7. Just try going to Disney.com these days! It's confusing. And most sites are not plain text oriented, that is, they require very proficient use of a mouse.

What I always wish for, when this request is made of me, is that someone would have a website that lists all the sites out there that *are* 'disabled-friendly'. And I do *not* mean this in terms of just access. That's an easy one, using my CrossScanner, SAM-Joystick, or another of my many access products. I mean the *content* and navigability of the sites.

A friend of mine, Lesley T., emailed me about some great stuff that I did not know about, concerning this issue! You've just *gotta* check these links out! The first is for Autism (but applies *directly* to my issue above and can be used for anyone that needs the type of access I describe) and the second is more general *for different age groups*. I haven't really 'dug' into either of them so if you wish to check them and let me know what you think, I can tell others. Remember, my little e-newsletter goes out to about 18,000 people so whatever info I learn, I like to share.

http://www.zacbrowser.com

http://kidzcd.com

2) Here is another great resource. I have recently been receiving a great newsletter from The Autism Acceptance Project (TAAP), an effort founded and directed by Estee Klar-Wolfund. Estee was kind enough to include info about my Auggie AAC device (http://rjcooper.com/auggie/auggie) in one her recent editions. Here is part of their mission statement:

"The Autism Acceptance Project will bring forth a different and positive view about autism to the public in order to create tolerance and acceptance in the community and to empower parents and autistic people."

Here is a link to their Contact page at their site, from which you can contact them to request the newsletters. Their website has art, blogs, info, and a LOT of other great stuff!

http://taaproject.com/get-involved/contact-us

All 3 sites above are done by parents of kids with Autism! I'm very happy to let others know about them.

That's it for this time!

RJ :)
http://rjcooper.com

***
Dear Customer:
Our Summer Splash Sale is going on now at www.enablingdevices.com. More than a dozen Fun Summer products are on sale! Check out our adapted fans, water toys, boats, and bubble blowers!
Hurry! The sale runs only for the month of July 2008. Regards,Steven E. Kanor, Ph.D.President

No comments: